Thursday, March 19, 2009

Leaving the "herd" behind

It is beyond my understanding how so many trainers, coaches, & athletes who are serious about their training can miss the obvious so easily.
Rope training is extremely effective, period!
Don't listen to me, though, listen to what these nationally/internationally known fitness leaders have to say:



John Brookfield's Battling Ropes are quickly becoming one of my favorite tools for developing power and endurance in every inch of the body as well as an amazing conditioning tool. We have only just begun to tap into the endless potential of the ropes and all our athletes are feeling the powerful effects immediately. This is a must-have tool for athletes; I have seriously never felt anything like this from any other training implement.
Zach Even-Esh
Underground Strength Coach
Crossfit Underground


John’s Battling Ropes system is one of a kind. As owner of Athletic Performance, Inc. and founder of the Caveman Training™ system, I thought I was in good shape. Boy, was I wrong. The two days I spent with John wiped me out! John’s system is so unique and revolutionary that I instilled it into our training programs as soon as I got home from his training. After implementing the system, my athletes have noticed a dramatic increase in their fitness level. Their conditioning, grip strength and pain tolerance are now through the roof. John is a consummate professional, an awesome instructor and now a great friend. I look forward to a long relationship with John and the Battling Ropes System.
Scott Ramsdell
President, Athletic Performance, Inc.
Strength & Conditioning Coach for Brock Lesnar, Sean Sherk and Kaitlin Young



It was an absolute privilege to train with John. He has extraordinary skills and creativity. The Battling Ropes Training System is a unique way of training for combat or for the cage. I would recommend training with John to anyone.
Greg Thompson
Chief Combative Instructor, H2H
Owner of Team ROC, Professional MMA school



I came in thinking I knew all the basics of the Battling Ropes having used them for over 2 years and what John showed me blew my mind! It was great! I was really happy to see all the other ways of using your Battling Ropes and look forward to learning more great drills. The simple effectiveness of the Battling Ropes is amazing and the manner that you showed the drills made it easy for all to implement into their training regimes. I know we have already added many of the drills to our workouts and have only had 110% positive feedback...they all were cussing during the workout! Ha, ha! The quick hands drill is awesome! I highly recommend John's Battling Ropes training as it is simple, extremely effective and will greatly improve strength, power and endurance like crazy!
Jon Hinds
Owner & Founder, Monkey Bar Gymnasium
Former NBA Strength & Conditioning Coach



A few months ago, I was speaking on the phone with John Brookfield about the subject strength and the ability to sustain effort over time, which is something both of us are fascinated by and value very highly. "You know, David," he said. "I have developed a new training system I call Battling Ropes. You should check it out, I really think you'd like it." Coming from John and knowing his reputation and achievements, I expected it to be awesome. I was not disappointed! I got the DVDs and a 50-foot, 2-inch thick manila rope. After scanning through the DVDs, I drug the rope out of the box in my backyard and looped through a kettlebell handle. After about 10 minutes of doing the Battling Ropes drills I had a great sweat going, my heart was racing and I had effectively worked everything from my grip and hands to my hamstrings and all points in between. The rope is now a part of my own workouts several days a week. Some days it is the main component, some days I use it to completly finish myself off after I do my regular kettlebell workouts. John's Battling Ropes training system is a unique, effective and painful way to improve your ability to generate sustained force and speed. John's concept of continuous velocity (what he calls the combination of strength and speed at the same time) will stress your entire system all at once. Strength, power and endurance are all affected at the same time and very quickly. It works!
David Whitley, Sr., RKC
IronTamer.com

No comments: